Labels

Monday 2 June 2014

Maquette

Before any artist creates a sculpture they make smaller versions of them so that the artist can see the sculpture in 3D instead of on paper and also to see if it works aesthetically. Once the artists is happy with the Maquette it is sent to have a mold of it and then that will be cast to show the people who are commissioning the piece and who have asked the artist to create the piece. Then once approved the final sculpture will be made to scale.
Maquettes tend to be made of ..... material as it is easy to mold, add or take pieces away and is easy to make casts from. 
Here are someimages of the maquette's I have made to try and work out how to create a sculpture inspired by the artists i have researched.





 In these 3 I have draped rolls of clay over my arm and hand to try and create something similar to Adam Martinakias as out of all the artists i have researched so far his work interests me the most. To create a better and something a little more similar to Adam's work i would need to Photoshop the clay and place it onto a different background.


Because I wasn't able to see what I had created on my own arm as I was restricted to photos after I had destroyed my maquette therefore I decided to use a mannequins arm and hand to try and create the same effect.This time i decided not to just lay the rolls of clay on top of one another i tried to blend it all in so it looked more like a continuous structure but i prefer them overlapping.



 After trying to create something that was draping off of a hand i tried to create something similar but abstract so that I could create this and see how different materials draped off of it. So here I have created a hand form that is appearing from the table but I need to make the form more abstract and this would of worked better.











No comments:

Post a Comment