Labels

Tuesday 18 November 2014

grament making

for me to create my moving sculpture I need a base for me to create it. I have been to a charity shop and bought some cheap hard wearing clothes. I have made a few adjustments to them to make them either uncomfortable or harder to walk in.

The 2 images above I have forgotten to take an image of the dress before I adjusted it but I have brought in  the bottom of it so it is harder to walk in. I still have the opportunity  to make it harder but as this iis going to be going down the catwalk I want it to be relatively easy to walk in but not to easy.
 This is a type of cardigan that I have cut the arm out and sewn up the arm. It felt like even though I had an arm underneath the cardigan it felt like I shouldn't move it. it also restricts you as I thought I shouldn't move my arm so there would be less movement in the final sculpture.


 With the sleeve I cut off I decided I would create a hat, weird looking to add to the suit. it does look funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment