Labels

Thursday 1 January 2015

Antlers

Forgot to out these on.
As I started to struggle with my sound suits I decided to go with an idea I had to start with so I have tried to create antlers using newspaper rolled up and seller taped to one another. To make sure it was sturdy I added a line of wire to the longest part of each side and attached it to the wire circle so I could wear it. 
The problem I now have is that the antlers look messy and they drop down slightly if I don't hold them


The next lesson I then remembered that I liked the look of string wrapped around an object so I went and started to wrap my antlers in string.
Here is one that has been finished.

I really love this effect and decided that I'm going to keep the colour. Wrapping the string around the newspaper strengthened it. I did however had to use a glue gun to attach the string and holding it in place did hurt a little but it was worth it.

My next idea was that when I finish both antlers I could have the string coming down and covering part of my face and maybe becoming part of a garment. The idea came from when I did the bubbles in the bath and covered my face and with same with the feathers and cotton wool. 

I still need to perminantly fix the antlers so that they don't move and look for a better head piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment