Labels

Friday 29 April 2016

Experiments with found and unused objects

 I have brought some objects from my house and also some objects that i have made and tired to make them into sculpture. At first i didn't really understand it but then i thought well anything can be a sculpture if i want it to be.












This one with the brolly i really liked and i thought it looked like the coloured corks were trying to pull away from the brolly or even take it in the direction they wanted to go. I left it in the doorway as it was an obstacle and i lied how people had to move round it to get in the room. I also colour co-ordinated the corks with the string so they matched.









I then thought to my self would it work having it upside down. Well then brolly the right way up. And i like it equally and personally i think it has the same effect the sculpture is just bigger this was round.

  

Amongst all my objects i had a soap gnome and that had a plastic cover over the front of it to protect the shape. I thought i could fit it with plaster to make more gnomes. I added a wire hoop so i could hang it.


Here is a video of my gnome soap on its flying lesson. I liked how bits would break off of the gnome so i thought of doing this.









No comments:

Post a Comment