Labels

Friday 10 March 2017

Research

I am going to first look into Nick Cave as I have looked and really enjoyed his work before, so I feel like this would be a good starting point.

This is a video of nick cave talking about his sound suits and how he came about making them.
He doesn't sketch, the object provoked the idea.
He moves the object around the body till it has found the right place.
The object identified within the piece.
He's a dancer and works with performers.
 
 'The suits came into being from what cave saw as Injustices in cases of racial profiling. the demeaning of people and of how they look'
 
His work just makes me happy watching it and I want to join in or create something that is as equally fun and playful!
 
While searching for nick cave on YouTube I can across 'Brilliant Ideas' what seems to be a channel about artists. I could watch them see if I can find anything useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment