Labels

Friday 12 May 2017

Reflection

Throughout this project I felt there was a lot of un-necessary stress and that it has been very tiring.  However I know there will be things I can take from the experience and can learn from.

I have had to try and get my ideas across to other members of the group regarding the overall theme, what people could do within that theme, general thoughts about the film, how to get footage for it and ideas for the poster.  Through the group presentation I made suggestions to each group member on how they could develop their own ideas.  I felt I was being helpful and made the suggestions appropriately.   So although my ideas had been heard, it was clear afterwards that both my suggestions were not good enough.  Adding insult to injury, further meetings were held without both Frankie and I being present to discuss and ultimately change the theme.   

During this project I have also had to do a lot more compromising than I had initially thought. I had to scrap the theme of Elements and go with the majority group decision of Coasts. Frankie and I suggested that we work together to produce the poster to feel that we were contributing something.  This was also taken from us and produced without any input from us. 

Frankie and I created a poster to put forward to the group to use in the exhibition as the final piece.  We both felt that it met the ‘brief’ and had used contributions from all members of the groups, however due to domineering characters within the other ‘side’, nothing from our work, specifically the poster was chosen for the exhibition

The most stressful and frustrating part has been when I felt that my contributions weren’t being heard, listened to or considered and I could see that when the work was being produced and the few group sessions called to discuss progress.

As a group I feel I should have taken a more laid back approach to this project as I pushed myself forward to be the leader.  It seemed that everyone in the group looked to me to speak to other groups in the presentation of our theme and group workshops so it seemed to be a natural progression. This did not last and the group dynamic seemed to break down into two definite sides; fashion against art.  I feel that we should have worked better as a team and I shouldn’t have gotten as annoyed as I did because this did not help the group dynamic or bring ideas together.

All in all the film looked really good after minimum input from other group members and the poster even though I thought it looked a little floral from a distance, looked good.  I feel that it would have benefitted from input and feedback from all members of the group and had included work from everyone. 

My personal work I feel could have gone better.  I feel that the idea I had for a final piece hasn’t worked as well as I had hoped which is disappointing.  I also feel that I should have finished my t-shirt idea to give me more inspiration to do further research and development work; this would have given me a better starting point to trial other ideas or take that particular idea and develop it further.

Therefore I have decided to choose the best photos I have taken on a phone camera and with a frame I believe they will represent this project well.   I feel that I should have looked into more artists to broaden my sampling and to create more varied and different designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment