Labels

Sunday 8 February 2015

play

As i was a little stuck with my work i went and had a play with a little help from students and tutor as you shall see.
I have got one of the students to take some videos of what it was i was doing as i couldn't of done it myself. I really enjoyed doing this and think i would like to use these in my final piece, just make them better and more or less practical.
To start i got the last few bags and put them together with some balloons inside and i liked how they looked i just needed more and more colours to make something from that idea.
What made me do this was an image I found from the Internet, 
I really liked this but thought that the bags would deflate if I were to make something now for the show so I thought about balloons instead this is the outcome with minimal bags.
I then found a huge bag that some of the materials come in for college and got in it. This was fun and rather hilarious. This is where the videos come in some of them have in them bits of what i could do next or things i would need to think about if i were to make them.
Here i am just spinning around on a chair while sat in the bag. I then tried to move in it but found the bag was going under the wheels if i moved using my feet or if i where to be pushed. I thought of tying the bag up above the wheels but i then couldnt touch the floor so how would  i move? someone pushed me but i then thought of my own movement. This video shows that.
As you can here my tutor say its going to take far too long to move a great distance if i were to move like this everywhere plus it was tiring. What i like about this is where the bag is freying around the top althought it is irritating when its in your face. I then got given sticks to try and move but all i kept doing then was turning and i couldnt get it to work. But the sticks do add to the peice of work, they make it look interesting. Here is the photo I liked that makes me think this. 

I was then asked what about the noise because this didnt make much of it so i said i could create my own. This is what i came up with.
Instead of me saying what i wanted or what ever noise came out my mouth i thought i could record it and have it playing on a constant loop.
I then decided it was time to change material. so i decided to go to wadding. I wrapped myself up up in about 3 or 4 layers (bad idea) and kim and jordan wraped elastic round me and then to make noise tied the bottle tops and string onto the elastic.

Realising that the bottle tops made a noise they then added more and off i went.


I then got given a hat as i needed something on my head to cover me up completly. Heres a photo from the side which looks hilarious. 
Once i had had enough of this idea i then decided to take off the bottle lids and lay on the flood and try move like that. Already really warm and laughing this is what happened.
Once i had been unwrapped i decided i really liked these ideas and im currently thinking on how bonkers and mad i can make them but with sound included.

No comments:

Post a Comment