Labels

Sunday 17 May 2015

ernesto neto work

I have come across ernesto neto works and I'm in love! 

He is a Brazilian artists who defines himself as a sculpture artist. He creates peices of work in which the viewer can become imursed in, they are able to walk through the work, smell it and feel it.
'Neto claims: “What we have in common is more important than what makes us different. I am interested in debating the plight of humanity, the temperature of the things we experience, the movement of things, language.”'
Life Is A Body We Are Part Of:
Ive just read that this sculpture has been hand crocheted. This was started in 1994
This simbolizes ernesto's concept of life and how human beings and nature are as one. 
The artist explains “I love the idea of continuity between man and woman, both in the moral sense and the psychotopological sense. Female and male are just negative and positive. It’s like a sculpture cast—you have the model and the cast. I’m pretty interested in this ambiguity.”
This sculpture is made for people to walk on/through. Before doing so people are advised to remove all personal items and shoes before entering. It can hold 8 people at any one time.

My personal thoughts.
I would love to create something like this but i do not have the time or space in which to do so. I am fasinated with how this sculpture made from crochet can hold 8 people, personally i would be worried that it wouldnt hold me.
I like how its playful and people are able to interact with this. If i were to do this i would ask for peoples opinions at the end as everyone would experience it diferently.
__
Here is another image of a different peice of work by Ernesto and it looks like this one has 2 enterences or one for the enterence and one to exit. I love how its multi-coloured aswell.
 <--
Here is another but from the inside. Im amazed at this as it just looks like a maze, i love where the sculpture is being help up by the crochet and it pulls a tight line in the middle of the work. 
 <--

It just looks impossible, to hold the weight of someone it just doesnt look possible.
<--


_____________________________________________

The Falling Body:
Ernesto stopped creating working in his geometric style and started to create work with stuffing polyamide with different matericals, or example styrofoam balls, flour and spices. He did this to try and resemble living organisms. 

My Throughts:
I could try and find some polyamide or something simular and find something i could stuff it with ir try other things simular to what i am doing with my tights.
It looks like something you would see monkeys swinging from. 
_____________________________________________

<--
This is another of Ernesto's work and in my sketch book when i first saw this i wrote down that it first looked like this work was hung from the ceoling and then was rested on some glass. I then thought i could try this but with putting different substences in the material and see what shapes they create on the glass, this would then give a different prospective to my work as i could but the glass lower than the average height of a human so they had to get lower than my work and look up at it. This would then give a optical illusion look to it.
They also remind me of stalic tights which you find in the mines.



Bibliography: (Highlighted colour will match with text or an image above)
http://ernestoneto.guggenheim-bilbao.es/en/
http://theculturetrip.com/south-america/brazil/articles/the-art-of-ernesto-neto-a-trip-into-the-ludic-/
http://www.designboom.com/art/ernesto-neto-madness-is-part-of-life/
http://www.expandedenvironment.org/ernesto-netos-animal-architecture/




No comments:

Post a Comment