Labels

Monday 29 February 2016

Brief

Being Human Brief



For this project ‘Being Human’ I intend to work towards creating a body of work showing what I think it means to be human and it will be fun and playful or I will make it interactive. I want this to provoke a response, make people question my work and maybe try and record their reaction. For my final piece I want to have a film involved which would either be projected into the artwork (which I had created) or on a screen near it, to show the process. This relates to the work I have done in the pathway stage as it carries on with the playfulness and being/showing your self in different ways.

I am going to get my influence from my previous experiments in older projects and the artists connected with them like Bart Hess and Nick Cave. Another artists that I will be look at is Rebecca horn. I will look at my past work and either recreate the experiments to get back into the moment and then change them or just look back at what I did and try to change to direction. These starting point are relevant because I felt more myself then, playing around and having fun, but I do feel like someone else out of it. It’s a good contrast to start with. I will be using the Internet to source most of my research but there are some books that I can look into. I don’t have time to go to museums although I would love to. I could look at old photos of me when I was young with stuff on my face and recreate them now. 

The techniques and processes I intend to use are video and photography to record my experiments and final piece along with the premier pro software to put a film together for my final piece. I will be use a range of cheap materials for example feathers, balloons and possibly tights, as these are the materials I tend to use. Also I will be using a sewing machine to sew some materials together and maybe make a costume.

Throughout this project I will be keeping a reflective practice book to talk about how I am doing, what I could and what hasn’t worked as well. I will also have time scale to work to and if I don’t stick to it I will say why I’m not at the stage. I will also be keeping a bibliography.



Time scale


Start of the week                   |                 Through the week

22-02-16                     |           Research into the artists I have spoken about.
                                    |           Idea development and Experimental work.

07-03-16                      |           Research into more artists relevant to my ideas or
                                    |           that link with the first lot of artists.
                                    |           More developmental work working with different
                                    |           materials.

14-03-16                     |           Look back at my reflective practice and see if I need
                                    |           or could change anything.
                                    |           Talk to other students and get feedback from them.
                                    |           Create my final design.

21-03-16                     |           Have my images and video ready to put together into
                                    |           a short film.

                                    |           Have a plan of how to set up my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment