Labels

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Costume

So i have decided to start making something and what i have thought of is trousers oversized obviously. I have added wire round the top to keep the shape of the trousers and so i can attach elastic like braces to hold them up.
Once i had done these i got a little stuck and wasn't sure where i was going with this. I Loved the trousers but what next?
So here i am trying to get some inspiration, I may look silly but it got me in the mood to make more things. I also stuffed the trousers which give them more volume and you can't see me under them.


After this came the hats, Rather similar to shower caps but on a larger scale. It took me a while to figure out how to create them but once i had figured it out it was easy to make these.



Many students have said i look like one of the jelly fish from sark tale. Here is a picture for comparison. And to be honest i did agree when i saw the photos.
I then wanted to make one with a  different see though material as i thought about putting balloons in the hats and with one with a non see through materials you wouldn't see the colours just the shapes of the balloons. So i tried a double wrap one with the thought it may not work but it has.  


I then needed either a top or something else and i decided to try make a tie. With many difficulties i manages to make one and this is the full costume. 







No comments:

Post a Comment